Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My beautiful tree

I did not share all the amazing love in generous kindness mom and dad showed me this weekend. Saturday morning Ek was not up for a birthday party. J was not up for going out and cutting down a Christmas tree. So mom and dad took Ek to pick out a Christmas tree while we were at the birthday party. I hope she remembers it forever-- "The year she got to pick out the Christmas tree with Pops and Mopsey." They not only got it for us, they strung lights and decorated it. I felt like I had been visited by Christmas elves. And I don't even celebrate such things. I do love my tree. It is festive. It is full of memories. It is sparkly. It is very happy. It also makes me think of my little elves every time I look at it. I'm so grateful for my mom and dad.

No comments: