Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Storytime


I am so absolutely excited about the Bible storybook we are reading through with the kids right now. First of all they love it and that is quite important because if they won't sit and listen it doesn't carry much weight. They are totally intrigued by it. The lanugage is so beautiful and the author explains these big Biblical concepts in the sweetest way. Its awesome. I confess I love reading it for myself too. H asks to read from it everyday at naptime. I ususally limit him to 2 so he will sleep also. I read the story of Jonah to him almost everyday, the picture of Goliath is a bit too much so he doesn't request that one too often. And we read it every night. We started again after our Christmas advent calendar reading the New Testament stories, one a night. It is such a special time and I am so grateful for it. I just pray that the words and pictures will put deep truth and foundation in their little hearts and minds.

No comments: