Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Attitude

Attitude is so interesting. It can make or break a day. It can turn on a dime. It is influenced by so many things-- Faith, Trust, Hope, Worldview, God-view, Sugar Level. We have had several interesting examples today. 1. I pick Ek up from school, as soon as the door closes she realizes she has forgotten her chapstick, i try to distract her by telling her we are going to Kardyn's house to wish her a Happy Birthday, she is so emotional she doesn't even care, so I stop the car, get out, go around to her side and give her a big hug, then of course L wants to get out, but that's another story, Ek's attitude completely changes on the spot, she turns giggly and excited and does not think of the chapstick again. 2. Oh, H. He is so singularly focused it is almost impossible to distract or change his attitude. We usually just have to walk away. Like tonight he did not want to leave his writing practice to go to bed. I could have just finished it but if I wasn't careful I would run my whole day on his schedule and I just can't. That is all about that. And 3. my favorite of the day. We are tucking Ek and H into bed. They are arguing over who get to bless who first. sounds sweet I know but it's bedtime! Ek, pout, pout, 'but I want to bless H first,' pout, pout. Suddenly J notices glitter on Ek's face. "Ek why do you have glitter on your face?" Ek, with silly grin, 'because me and Kardyn had a make up dress up party today for her birthday.' For the rest of the pouty blessings, every time Ek would pout J would call her 'glitter girl' and a grin would erupt.
Now if only I could remember the who I am that makes me grin during my difficult pouty moments...

No comments: