Sunday, January 11, 2009

God is strong

This month in the nursery at church we are telling the story of Daniel in the Lion's Den. I love the opportunity to hear the story from the perspective a toddler. First to see how seriously Daniel respected God in prayer and the priority it had in his life. And then to see how truly amazing it was to hear that God shut the lion's mouths. Today when I read it to just H, he said, 'mommy I want to see the lion's teeth,' so we had to turn back a page before God shut their mouths. Its just an amazing picture of the strength and sovereignty of God. I am not surprised that I haven't read a children's version yet that talks about what happens when the 'wise men' were thrown in after Daniel was pulled out. At what point in my kids lives will I reveal that detail? I guess I could tell them now... but I haven't.
By the way, the favorite song in the nursery is still the B-i-b-l-e and now even L shouts "Bible!" at the end. Sometimes they shout "Bible!" at the end of every song we sing, ok ok I do too.

No comments: