Saturday, January 10, 2009

Playmates

I am so thankful that, for the most part, Ek and H really enjoy playing together. Especially in the yard they come up with all sorts of games. If one is jumping, the other jumps; if one is swinging the other swings; if one is riding scooters, the other does too. Ek usually initiates the activities and keeps the rules and H is usually agreeable to follow. Yesterday we had to beg Ek to ride bikes with us, she just didn't want to; but after jumping and a snack of popcorn on the trampoline, she was finally ready. Yesterday they also traced their scooter and helmets on paper and colored then in with markers on the driveway and took little pitchers of water from the fridge to the driveway to make a puddle, they do love a puddle. This morning when I got back from my jog, they met me on the porch dressed to 'rock out.' Now I'm not sure what this entails activity wise, but dress wise that means they wear a hat to the side, oh and something about an air guitar. I'm not sure also how long this will last today... but I hope not too long. Where did they get this? hum, I think it may have begun at school when the music class learned jingle bells 6 different ways including rapping when they wore hats sideways for the recital. And Ek got in the car yesterday saying Sophia was going to dress to 'rock out' today. Oh children, you just never know. Here they are at breakfast with their cinnamon toast with sprinkles that they made themselves all ready to go.

No comments: