Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Horray for an afternoon at the park

This afternoon I bundled up and took the kids to the park for a good while. I packed jackets, vests, snacks, juices, scooters, helmets, balls and my camera. Whew. It was not a perfect trip, L fell of her scooter and has a bump on her head (and not hair to cover it up!) and Ek didn't want to share her pink soccer ball (I really need to consider losing that one). But the had a ball playing on the slides, swinging, riding their scooters around the nature path and in the pavilion and H can kick a great soccer ball. The most giggles came when H and Ek were both pushing L in the swing, one in front and one in back, they all thought that was great fun. I invited 5 friends to come and none could, but really I was very glad to have an afternoon at the park with just my 3. I love to hear their laughs and see their smiles. Tonight when Ek and I were heading upstairs to tuck her in, she asked me to hold her, so I did, all 40 lbs of her, she gave me a big squeeze around my neck and said, "Mommy, I love you." My first thought was that I sure was glad to get to spend the afternoon playing with my sweet girl that I love so much.

No comments: