Thursday, January 15, 2009

The cost of an hour of sewing

Today I had a bit of a sewing group at Darla's. Cat came and helped me put together 2 A-line jumpers that I cut out way before Christmas. I love to sew and it is amazing to me how difficult it is to find time to get to my sewing room. If I can just get there, I can get so much done, but I can't. So today we tried. It is also so interesting to me how much I spend on the clothes that I make, not much, usually about a quarter of what the outfit would cost is I bought it, but I pay in other ways. Today we had 10 kids between the 4 of us moms, the oldest child being 5. I have never quite seen a toy room so destroyed in all my life. It spread across 3 rooms. And Darla's husband was due home at 3. I saw the disaster at 2:35. Of course I had seen parts of it. I saw part when L was stripped of her clothes, when one hit another on the head with a car, when H was using potty talk but to see the full disaster was overwhelming. So we paid big time for the 2 dresses I finished today, but we got the toys picked up, I had to leave in the middle of the pick up to go get Ek and I haven't heard when Darla's husband got home. But the outfits are really cute and time with 4 of my favorite friends was wonderful. We began planning our next group date- pizza and bowling! I'll add a picture of their new cherry outfits when they are on the girls.

PS While I was writing this J sent Ek and H one at a time to give me hugs and thank me for taking care of them today, what a guy.

No comments: