Monday, April 12, 2010

Top Secret Personal Beeswax

I love field trips, I rival my kids in excitment over them. I love getting to do special things, go special places, be with my special kids. Last Tuesday did not disappoint. We were headed to the big city, hahaha, to see Junie B. Jones live. wow. Ek about popped out of her booster seat and through the roof of the car when I first told her about this one. And it did not disappoint. It was a musical, fabulous, in a fabulous theater. We were on the third row. ahhhh. So delightful. We knew the story lines of all the scenes from our at home reading, which was just wonderful. So fun to see the books we had read and laughed over in front of us to song! What a day. One difference of this field trip was~~ no moms on the bus. Cat and I rode together and had such a nice time visiting for a hour in a quiet car. After the show we took the girls out to lunch with several other friends. And then took the girls home with us. Just an absolutely wonderful day.

The play was centered around her first grade journal and that has really stepped up her journal writing. She has enjoyed writing in a journal for the last year. Her entries ususally begin with 'this was the best day ever.' So glad her life is getting better and better! She took her journal to dinner the other night and BH even taughter her how to draw a dog- good stuff. She says her journal is private, but not to me. thank goodness.

No comments: