Tuesday, April 20, 2010

New rule leaves time for more fun

There is a new rule at my house. I'm not sure what the number is. It has actually been in place for several months, but I thought I'd write about it a bit. "No TV before 10." am that is. On school days, its a no brainer, we just don't even think about turning it on. But days off, its a bit more difficult. It's easy to turn the TV on. Sometimes even snuggly. But. It is very hard to recover from. Once they get going, its really hard to turn it off and they sometimes are very grumpy when they turn it off. Now they may have been grumpy anyway, but I hate to blame it on them, so I'll blame it on the TV. I guess I could blame it on sin or the fall or the apple for that matter. Wow, I digress. So that means, up and at 'em at my house. Saturday morning, J was off riding his bike very early (50 miles before 10am- defintaely no TV time in there for him!), so I broke out a new shiny set of watercolor paints for the kids. It was not without difficulty or tears, but it was beautiful to see them so close and having so fun. Not sure why they chose to sit all on the end of the counter, but it did help them share paints, which was part of the drama, but it did make for good pictures (photos- that is). Wow am I rambling. Enjoy the pictures, again photos, of them painting pictures.

No comments: