Thursday, April 15, 2010

Swinging

Sometimes when I do things for/with my children, the thought crosses my mind-- is this something I want to do everyday? So sometimes I say-- this is a special treat, we are not doing this everyday. Well we did not say that several weeks ago when we swung H into his bed while blessing him and so now everynight, J takes the kids feet and I take their arms and while we say, "May the Lord bless you and keep you, may he cause his face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you, may He turn His face toward you and give you peace," (Numbers 6:24) we swing them toward their bed with a dramatic fall into their bed. Oh how things begin. It is pretty funny. Sometimes they like to push each other on the hip to make the swinging even bigger. Several night ago, Ek said we blessed her too quick and she didn't get her full swing. Most nights before we can bless Ek, L is already back out of her bed and wants to swing again. I wonder how long this will last.

No comments: