Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Let the celebration begin!

Last night I got a gift. We began out celebration of our 10 year anniversary by taking pictures with our wedding photographer, ML, where we took our wedding pictures. It was so wonderful. My my my how 10 years have brought some big changes in our life. But amazingly, with all thanks to God, for all His provision and love, I was so so excited to take pictures with my J last night as a huge marker in our lives. It is a bit overwhelming to think about and I have months and months to think about the marker that it is, so I won't do it all tonight. But how awesome to return there with our 3 amazing children and each other, full of joy and life! Our photographer asked if it was more awkward to take on our wedding day or now that we had our children. I think I am so much more comfortable in my skin now than I was then especially when I am next to J. There were several comical moments. At one point we were taking pictures just the 2 of us and H comes running over begging us to pick him up because a dog had come along. ML told us to just keep smiling, he was laughing saying this was probably more what our life was like! I'm sure he had some real smiles out of us for those. H was fine, the dog was on a leash, once we told him that, he was happy again. Another time, he had us behind our children, he was trying to focus on them and have us kissing in the background. He told us to kiss and hold it, we got to giggling because he was taking forever, i peeked my eyes open, ML was looking at the images on his camera and the children had run away! I guess he only tells when to start kissing, not to stop! Oh we laughed! The kids were beyond hilarious. When they realized we were not taking stiff, sitting still pictures, they got happy, they continued to get happy until they reached delirium and went a bit beyond that. They laughed and smiled and played and jumped and bounced and climbed. Thankfully we were outside and not in a studio. We would have lasted in a studio for about 10 minutes. We played outside for hours. I cannot wait, cannot wait to see the images. I am soo sooo soooo thankful for my family. All of it. And am so grateful for the 4 I get to live with. Can't wait, too, to see what we look like in 10 more years!

No comments: