Monday, April 26, 2010

Singing

We had so much fun at a youth rally the other night. Shane and Shane came to play and minister to the youth of our community. We are so grateful when we get opportunities like these. We took Ek and H to the First Baptist family life center and settled into the second row. One of the moments that I hope to remember forever is, there were two guys that opened up for them. One of the guys wrote “Oh how he loves us.” He said it had been taken by many artist over the years and has many versions. That was funny for me to hear because I have two versions on my ipod, John’s fav and my fav. H was in J’s arms with his feet on the chair in front of him. He sang “Oh how he loves us” with such joy and such enthuaism that my heart just soared the rest of the night. He also enjoyed very much dancing along to the music and even played along with his air guitar and drums a few times. There was such a peacefulness there that night. The music was so wonderful, they were so talented and we just enjoyed sitting and listening and singing along. Ek laid her head in my lap for a long time and watched thought the shoulders of the kids sitting in front of us. I was playing with her hair and there was something in her part, I asked her what it was and she shrugged and said, “paper mache?” Oh I laughed and laughed! It was a delightful evening.



No comments: