Sunday, August 2, 2009

Recap

I wouldn't exactly call our trip to HHI a vacation, more like a reunion. It was a meeting with a lot of fun all around. Busy, yes. Restful, at times. Really great. So encouraging. Highlights: Eating dinner with the Finchers, hearing about where they are in life. Hearing a bit about their preparation to go to the UAE. They are brave. Tim is so dear to J, I am so thankful they got to see each other some.
Seeing the Hensens! Gracious. I will say again, it is just so unique being with them. We have way too many similarities, so in so many ways we just "get" them. We are so excited about their call to Peru and just can't wait to partner with them and see what God will do. I just wish I had like another week to sit and talk with them. But that time will come, I'm sure. God didn't just cross our paths for a minute.
Seeing the Brindley's! What dear people. I just can't get over them. Speaking of connections, I do just love them like family. I will forever be grateful to God for showing us S&W Hospital and taking us all the way out there. What an adventure that was. As I sit next to J reading his Bible, I think of all those years when he poured over those eye books, he learned so much about eyes, but I think maybe even as much about the Maker of the eye-- at least it got him going in huge ways in both regards.
What an encouragement to sit in a room with may 40 or so women, all married to ophthalmologist, in all times of life, living all of the world, doing all kinds of things for the Lord. From office managers, to inn keepers, to grandchild raisers, to stay at home moms, to missionaries, it was just neat to hear bits of these women's lives.
Seeing old friends with new babies. Hearing weak people proclaim God's strength. Making connections with new and old friends. Laughing about eyes.
Not to mention watching my sweet kids make new friends, hearing Ek say she wanted to go be a missionary in the UAE and having a few minutes away from the responsibilities of home, it was just good. Thank you Lord.

No comments: