Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm listening...

Had a really great morning this morning... want to remember it...

So L was at church, Ek at school, H at school. It was the morning I have been waiting for, not at all to be away from them!!! but to get a minute to spend with God. in the Word and in prayer. I have been thinking on Psalm 23 for several weeks, especially that God leads me beside still waters and restores my soul. Honestly- lately my water has felt more like trying to drink while running a race, they hand you these neat little cups of water that are almost full and it is so hard to even get a sip, water is everywhere except going down your throat!, so most of it is thrown to the ground while running along. I wanted to sit still and quiet and drink. So I drop L off and head for the sancutary. I began by saying hi to God and opening to John 17, I just prayed and prayed for unity and just wanted to hear Jesus' heart for me today. After a while I read several other things I just couldn't wait to turn to Psalm 23. I read over it and just told God I wanted to get it. I wanted to know how a shepherd takes care of his sheep. So I headed up to Bible study and we are beginning Pricilla Shirer's "Discerning the Voice of God." Before the video Rhonda asked us 8 questions that we wrote down the answers and then talked over it. One question was "Who does God talk to?" and my answer was 'his sheep hear his voice.' I knew it was a verse, but I didn't know where it was. Well then the video began and it was all about verse John 10:27, "My sheep hear My voice, I know them, and they follow Me." Wow! I think God may is speaking to me! Then she mentioned Philip Keller's book, "A shepherd looks at Psalm 23," which is exactly what I was asking the Lord for this morning in my prayer was a greater understanding of that Psalm! Wow what a morning. Can't wait to see how this story continues.

No comments: