Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tri 2

Hey, I know, lets try a beach tri! I can honestly say, I'm not sure I have been that scared in a long time. Swim in the ocean? With sharks, and jelly fish. And waves! And people. just not a good idea. But is was! So much better than I thought it would be. I was so scared, really until I reached the second bouy. I stood up at about 7 minutes. And very happy. Off to the bike. I beat J to transition because 'he stopped and looked for me in the water.' sure. tee-hee. he wasn't too happy with me. About two miles in I crashed. Aftermath-- strawberries on my elbow and hip bone, bruises on my hip, shoulder, several on my legs, minor strawberries on both knees. So grateful I wasn't on pavement!! I didn't really realize I was bleeding until we finished. I was so covered in sand. Quite an experience. We didn't finish too great, but we did. And the accomplishment was that we swam open water in the ocean. And we finished together. Yeah!

No comments: