Thursday, August 20, 2009

Silly

my kids make me laugh...

yesterday H's buddy Jack rode with L, H and me to soccer practice. On the way there, Jack said, "Mrs. Katharine, what's that smell?" I had cleaned some of the carpet in my car that day, so I explained that to Jack and he said, "oh... I like it." strange, I thought. When we arrive at the field, I open L's door and gasp. Jack had given her Ek's purse and she had graciously tried on some of Ek's play lipstick and fruity lip gloss, it was all over her face from ear to ear and chin to nose. She looked a bit disastrous, but smelled delightful, just ask Jack.

Lately we have encouraged H to stay in his bed at night by telling him, if he stays in his bed, he keeps all his animals. He loses animals when he gets out and about. which he did tonight. Ek and L sound asleep. H out and about. So Teddy came downstairs. H cried and cried. I went back up to comfort him. He was so sad, missed Teddy so much. Said he couldn't sleep with out him. I laid next to him, stroked his head a few times. He flopps himself over for like 5 seconds, turns to me and says... "Did Sam ride on an airplane with Ek lived in Texas?" what??? No, H, he didn't. "Did Ek?" yes "Daddy" yes "You?" yes, and you rode on a plane when you were only 7 days old. "Did Ek ride on an helicopter?" no. "Did Aisley and Brennan ride on a helicopter?" Good night H.

1 comment:

Kim said...

So sorry for you...and so great to be remembered! The girls will be thrilled!!