Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hiding

Tonight we ran into a girl who is practicing for the Dublin production of "The Wizard of Oz." I was telling the kids about it because I told them I would take them to see it. Silly me. It only took a few key words to convince them it would be scary. I told them that that is what life is about, there are scary times and scary things we go through, but we know our ending that we will be with God in Heaven and we know He will be with us all the way. We just need to believe that God is faithful and if he has called, he will equip us for the task. I was hoping I was getting some profound truth across when H says, "Yeah and Ek, when we get to the scary parts, we can just hide under our chairs!" Not exactly what I was going for. Lol. I'll keep trying. I am reminded of the verse when the psalmist calls God his hiding place (Psalm 119:14), that would have been a better answer.
By the way, they were relieved when I told him they didn't have to go to the play. sigh. Will I go alone? We will see.

No comments: