Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day







In the famous words of Nemo, today was the "First Day of School! First Day of School! First Day of School!" The kids were really quite excited. There was big conversation as to who was going to go to their room first. H was selected because EK told H that she wanted to see his friends. So off we go, after our traditional picture next to the Dogwood tree, and we get to H's room. He needs to go potty and on his way decided that he actually wants to go to Ek's room first. But I stay positive and up-beat and tell him he is going to have a great day. Then he was concerned that Will Brown wasn't there yet. I tell him he'll have a great day. We all give him a hug, starting with L and leave him to find dinosaurs to play with. On our way to Ek's room, L says, "where my class, I want my class." what a hoot she is. Ek's room was so quiet, the students who had arrived were coloring. Her teacher gave me a big hug and showed Ek that her supplies were already in her desk; Ek took out her crayons and began to color the page that was on her desk. I was on my way out when I saw Susanne walking Jack in so we joined her. H and Will were happily playing, we stopped them to say hi to Jack and get a picture and they went right back. Darla said when Will walked in he said, "come on H, lets go play."
I picked H up at noon and he was very happy. He looked very big walking out of TCS. He was very happy about his day and all a buzz about learning the chicken dance. Great way to start the year. Ek was done at 3 and she had a great day as well. I think they played outside 3x, reviewed their letters and just got to know 1st grade a bit. We went out for ice cream with Christy and kids, swam at Susanne's and ate at Moe's. I think that was quite enough for one day!

No comments: