Friday, May 29, 2009

Yeah for summer!

Well I must say, after counting down the last days of school, it really is nice to be here. Yesterday morning after a busy few days at Ben and Milly's, they were wiped out and whiny. I was tempted to look and see when school was starting back! But after a nice nap, we packed up for our first trip to the swimming pool in summer. It was so much fun! Ek and H had a ball, we took Blake and Hunter along and they swam and swam. They mostly swam in their innertubes, but also played in the baby pool. L played in her little swim vest and was so happy too. She loved pretending she was jumping off the steps and swimming around. We ate dinner there too and headed home when the pool closed. We played in the yard for another hour at least with our sweet neighbors, the kids jumped on the trampoline, the boys (including the grown ones) played alot of basketball and Tara and I sat and held our tiny baby neighbor so her daddy could play. It was so nice to not be in a hurry, but just to play and play. And this morning they even slept in a bit. I got up for my early morning swim and managed to get a nap in after my shower before the kids got up. Ahhh, summer. I pray it is filled with laughter, smiles and closer friendships. Ek did say this morning that she wished Daddy took a summer vacation! I texted him to tell him that and his reply was 'me too, me too.'

No comments: