Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Big H

I am a little bit nervous as I write this. We just put the kids to bed, but one was quite different. I have been telling H that when he was 4, he was all done with haci (his pacifier). I have been asking who he was going to give them to, he was going to be a big boy and he should give them to a baby. Today Susanne and boys came over. As I was putting baby Thomas in his seat, I asked H if he was going to give his hacis to Thomas or Cat's new baby. He said he wanted to give them to Thomas today. He ran upstairs gathered hacis from his bed and his drawer and from the drawer downstairs, about 8 in all. He handed them over to Susanne with great confidence. "I'll just sleep with my puppy tonight," he said. He also gave Thomas a little puppy rattle that was his when he was a baby. He was so excited and so proud of himself. He immediately wanted to make some calls and pronouce his big choice. Of course I snagged one back from Susanne and put it away but he is confident. We told him if he gave them up before his birthday, we would get him a basketball goal so hopefully we can get that going in the next few days. The last thing he said to me when I was leaving him tonight was, "my haci didn't make me sleep." I said, "no, no, you'll sleep great!" We will see... I am quite proud of him though!

UPDATE: He did it! He made it through the night without a peep. Way to go H.

No comments: