Sunday, May 24, 2009

Graduating

Ek had a very sweet graduation. Kindergarten graduation is something new to me and I had to learn to make a big deal of it. I guess it is a bit of a big deal, it is like accomplishing toddler hood and moving on to being a school girl. I am so joyful over the little girl Ek is becoming, not perfect, but kind, helpful, hard working, joyful, funny, creative, confident and beautiful. She is really a joy to be around. Graduation was full of what I would want her to be focuses on, they recited the 3 pledges, played "America" on the hand bells, recited Genesis 1:1, John 3:16-17 and Psalm 100:1-5. The sang 4 songs including one that said God created the world in 7 days but he is still working on me, and one that was counting down to his return. They were so cute getting their diplomas, they had practiced shaking hands with Mr. Johnson and then turning and smiling for a picture, hilarious. Ek had a big crowd of all her grandparents and uncle Dave. It really was a nice evening. Pictures to follow soon.

No comments: