Saturday, May 23, 2009

Victory!

Today we had the great pleasure of watching Aaron lead Trinity to their first ever state championship in boys soccer. It was so great! They scored with like 2 minutes to go to send the game into overtime, and then, in the rain, scored with 7 seconds to go to win the game in triple overtime! Wow! We screamed, we jumped up and down, we cheered, it was so fun. It felt as dramatic as a movie. Aaron was speechless and the boys were so excited. ahhhh. As time has moved on since that moment, I can't help to think of what Aaron will say the day he lays that trophy at Jesus's feet, thanking him for his grace and mercy to have him where he is, thanking him for the strength to do his will and thanking him for the opportunity to bless him in that moment. Wow, that will be even greater. And that makes me think of all the moments in my life that I don't receive anything for, but I kinda wish I did, that one day, I'll get to lay before his feet too, and thank him and honor him for what he did in my life. That is something I'd love to practice on here, giving him those victories and trophies and tell him, they are yours. Thank you. Romans 11:36 For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen

No comments: