Monday, April 20, 2009

My mind's eye

I just can't get over the last few weeks that Ek was this age when I was seven months pregnant with H. Ek seems much bigger in my mind's eye! Of course she was taking dance and attending story time at the library every week, but really she was just the same size as my tiny little L. So I give Ek big kudos for all she has been as big sister of the family, she is a great one. Today J and I took L out to lunch to Brians and it reminded me of taking Ek to "Ye Ole English Deli" in Temple. J and I just grinned at each other to think back of our just Ek days. L will be the baby. I do have a different view of her, can't explain why, maybe its because Ek and H are so much bigger and I just don't have as big expectations for her... take for instance bath time the other day, L picked up all the toys and lined them up neatly on the edge of the tub, of course I ask her to pick up toys at times, but mostly H and Ek do, and here L showed she can too, bummer for her!, now I know she can! Oh my sweet girls, I just love them! and my two boys too.


Ok now brace yourself for pictures of Ek from April 2005:

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yes! Of course we can have her...just hand her over the fence! Big sigh, Katharine...

And I completely agree about the baby. Brennan has definitely had more time to grow than Cassie and definitely Aisley did. But I think she's caught on to the "if you show any competence, you'll have to help" idea as she still asks for help with things I KNOW she can do...smart girl...