Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hilton Head 1

Ecceclasties talks about the seasons of our lives. I think our responsibility is to yield our lives to God's will and his seasons. Life seems to be much more peaceful that way. John is supposed to be in Haiti this week. For the last 10 years we have both felt that is a call on our lives, to take care of those who need help with the medical skills we have in the name of Jesus. Over the last several months God has continued to press in on my heart that I also need to give a glass of water in the name of Jesus, which most days looks like half strength juice in a sippy cup. John really wanted to go to the beach for a few days with the kids and it was a mission trip of a different kind. Get away, play, encourage, smile, not pull them along on what we need to do, but let them pull us along. Ok, so I did most of the pulling, I like to work in a lot of activities! We left Sunday after church and came home last night. It was wonderful! I think I will take several days to tell the story of the trip through pictures, but I'll start tonight with the last ones... well, because I can, its my blog! We ate at Salty Dog Cafe two nights in a row! It was tasty, first of all, but also "child friendly" ie loud. After we ate the second night we walked across the marina deck to get ice cream, there were a lot of people sitting in chairs at tables listening to a guy playing his guitar, the weather was perfect and I had such a wonderful happy content feeling in my heart. After Easter service, then playing with my kids and my husband, listening to some great teaching on my ipod while falling asleep, eating good food, I could go on and go. But these are the faces I saw. It was just a sweet time. pun intended since we were eating ice cream.

I am so grateful that we could get away and have several days of uninterrupted fun!
PS Did you see how tired H was? He fell asleep like 10 minutes later at 6:25 and slept until 6:00 this morning!

No comments: