Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sweet and smart Ek

Ek really tickled me this morning when I was changing L, she got right in L's fussy face and said, "L, do you like your ba? where is your ba? do you love your babies?" she was trying to distract her. L's response was just what Ek wanted, she stopped crying and started "talking" to her. They talked back and forth for the remainder of the changing. I was so pleased at what a compassionate, helpful big sister she is.
This evening when we got in from a special youth service at church she was petitioning for some cold medicine, I think, by telling us her nose was "snocky." I liked that, I might even try to work it into my vocabulary, maybe Webster will pick it up one day as an alternative to snotty.
Also tonight before bed she was reading about 70% of the words in "Are you my mother?" book that we like to read. Amazing, I'm so pleased and thankful for how well she is learning.

No comments: