Thursday, February 5, 2009

Noises

There are 3 noises that predominate my life. Number One. Whining. Oh my goodness, I had no idea motherhood could involve so much of it. It is like a drain that sucks all the energy out of me some days. I promise H cried every 5 minutes yesterday. Noooo, not H. Yes. H. Whether his feelings were hurt or his body, every 5 minutes. That is all I'm going to say. Number Two. Laughing. I like this much better. Yesterday I was trying to get everything tidy for small group, L was on my hip and I hear the sweetest giggles coming from the foyer. I poke my head into the hallway to say, 'thank you!' and 'way to go!' to find H and Ek on the steps throwing a gum ball machine bouncy ball (J cannot physically walk past one without getting one, I've learned there not really for the kids) off the top of the steps and watching it bounce. Really it is quite entertaining and as a bonus, very low injury rate. They were so happy and playing together. L, immediately upon understanding the game, got down to help retrieve the ball too. Ahhh, I love laughing moments. Number Three. Silence. Now this can be further divided into two categories, one positive and one negative. I love the silence of 3 peacefully sleeping babies. It makes me feel so content knowing they are healthy, tired and peaceful. The other silence makes me nervous, the 'uh-oh I haven't heard them laughing or crying in a few minutes what are the up to' silence. The most recent example was this morning, I let L play in the car while I unloaded the groceries and she found the rest of the Moe's chocolate chip cookie from last night. It made me smile, she was quietly nibbling away. Right now I hear peaceful quiet. I think I'll go finish the girls valentine's day skirts.

No comments: