Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Respect

Today I was blessed to be able to be a traveling companion to my sweet Ek to Macon to see a Dr. Seuss Musical. It was quite fun. Although I will confess, very difficult at times to stay awake in a dark theater while sitting still, not something I'm used to! Back to the show, the show was very fun, very lively and colorful and musical, as well it should be. The kids seemed quite entertained and got stir crazy at times, but always quiet and focused. I love, love the main thought of "Horton hears a Who," which was part of the story line: "A person is a person no matter how small." Now isn't that worthy of hearing! I guess it just strikes me that the little people in my care, and not for that matter, are worthy of my respect. I am worthy of theirs as well, that's just how God made it, but they are worthy of my respect. They need kindness, explanation, patience, a listening ear and well just time to grow. Oh and love, lots and lots of love. And I do, love them that is.

No comments: