Thursday, February 12, 2009

Maybe next time

I confess, I did nothing this morning to encourage my daughter to have a humble heart. Nope, not one bit. Here's the scene: Last night as I'm tucking her into bed, "mommy, did you finish my Valentine skirt or shirt." me, "I'm on my way!" So I lay them out on the counter for her to see this morning. She quickly gets dressed. ek, "Mommy, i can't wait to see what Destiny has on at school today, I bet she's going to be really cute." (background info: Destiny had on knee high boots with her chapel shirt and khaki skirt yesterday, ek was impressed) m, "Is she going to be cuter than you?" (explanation: I'm trying to feel out her love of the outfit I poured over. really!) ek, with lips pursed and eyes squinted, "no." pause. ek, "I wonder what Leah is going to wear, I bet she's going to be really cute." Ok, Ok I just couldn't help it. "Is she going to be cuter than you?" ek, with lips pursed again and eyes slightly squinted, "no." Maybe I should have taken the opportunity to taken the conversation in a deeper, more spiritual place, but really I was just so blessed that she loved the skirts. I am so thankful to be able to give her a gift she loves. By the way, at the party there were great outfits, but nobody noticed with all the cookie toppings on the table. tee-hee. it was a great party.
Dancing before school
At the party, with Sophia and Leah
Sharing the cookie

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh, Katharine! Adorable! I love the hearts on the shirts and how much fun they're having twirling and dancing. Makes us smile here in TX!