Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Wildlife report

Since living in our home we have seen quite the wildlife walk by... During the first week, mom and I returned from a walk to find a wild hog in the front yard. That same summer we enjoyed frequent visits from 2 ducks living in the pond down the street-- they would walk down the street to visit us. Sometimes of the year we year the chorus of quail all around us and one night during dinner we saw them marching across the yard. We always enjoy our bluebirds, blue jays, red headed woodpeckers and cardinals. I love nothing more that a bunny jetting through at top speed. This winter we would spy quite the deer family in the neighborhood in the evenings- our highest count one night was 11. I have spotted an armadillo in a neighbor's yard- I thought of TX. Not in our yard, but on the way to school there are several turkeys who choose to cross right in front of me. We saw a King snake 10 yards from our garden several weeks ago. Can I count Samson, the wild lab, as wildlife? If so, count him several times! I was not expecting this little creature today... and may I saw ewwww. We trapped him in a bucket and let him go in the pond. BH desperately wanted to take it to school. I do not thing TH would have slept well with it in her home!! What will be next?


No comments: