Monday, May 24, 2010

Sunday night

Hey Babe!
Kids "in bed" (as I type I hear "mommy- L is in my room. mama- L is in my bed." sigh.
When L was up, we put our suits and sunscreen on and jetted to the pool. Quite the crowd there, actually. Abby was the lifeguard- horray for that. Will and Laine were there with a sitter. Susanne and Melanie got there about 30 minutes later, they guys were still playing golf. Several others came and went that we enjoyed talking to. So, I am signing in and look up to see Ek and H already in the pool. Didn't quite take them any time at all to get back to it. They were both swimming under the water and jumping in within minutes. Within 20 minutes, Ek jumped off the diving board, got to the surface with her face in and swam to the ladder taking several breaths along the way. Wowie-wow-wow. I really don't think they regressed at all since last summer- this summer at the pool is going to be a blast!!! They were oozing smiles and happiness. Ek didn't even complain to not have any of her friends there and I don't think a smile left H's face. L wasn't quite so quick, she kept very close to me but was playing on the steps without touching me by the time we left. She wore a jacket the whole time and didn't mind it a bit. I don't mind her fear, she'll warm up. John, how did I swim when Ek was 3 and H was 1????? I guess I didn't swim much that summer. Oh, Ek did take swimming lessons in Fl before we left but still- I don't remember swimming much. That was probably a good thing. We got some ice cream from Miss Cathy, she was so happy! We stayed about 2 hours then headed home for baths and dinner. They are quite worn out, if L would stay out of their rooms, they would probably go to sleep!
I am quite peaceful. Trusting God loves us and has great plans for us. The kids and I were thinking maybe Huddle House Thursday morning for breakfast when you get home? We're going to celebrate your return! We are so proud of you. The kids are very peaceful. We are doing great. We love you and we miss you,
k

No comments: