Monday, May 24, 2010

Sunday afternoon

Hey babe, I know I already talked to you, but wanted to tell you again about the morning--
How amazing that H walked into our room dressed in a collard shirt, khaki shorts and his church sandals this morning. I heard him up but assumed he would make his way in when he was ready- boy was he ready! He said he wanted to surprise me- he did. Ek quickly popped up and got dressed and wanted to do something to make me proud as well so she fixed everyone their breakfast cereal. Then the 3 of them went off to play hungry hungry hippos. Our morning was so peaceful. We were ready for church way ahead of time and were so excited to get your phone call on the way. Then to arrive and walk in with the Gays- wow it was as if someone had been praying for me!!! We should ask for prayer more often on a Sunday morning!!! The worship really blessed my heart this morning. We sang several songs about how God's love endures forever. I needed the reminder that no matter what my circumstance, no matter what my day, God's love remains the same. Ritchie reminded us that so many of us are living in the OT way of life-- life based on law, sacrifice and no relationship with God. He encouraged us that we need to move into a NT way of life-- provided by Jesus and lead by the Spirit. And that was just his promo for his Discipleship class! His sermon was about enduring suffering. He said suffering reveals how little we know about God. That suffering works in us a new trust of God that reminds us that He is for us not matter what. hmmmm that sounds like the worship too. Love that. We can trust him John, no matter what this week looks like, no matter what life is like when you return and for the rest of our lives. We live with great hope and purpose. I was then off to the nursery, L was her normal clingy self but one time she said- I want daddy to come get me. I told her you were off to Haiti to take care of eyes. She said 'daddy got on a plane. with pastor Gregg. with mr. Jason. daddy gonna take care of eyes?' She has confidence in you honey. She knows you're doing what you are supposed to be doing and that you will be back. We came home and made a quick bite of lunch. It may discourage you to know I have since made mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, squash casserole, peas and grilled chicken. I am hoping that is enough cooking until you come home. My hope is that we can play hard and go to be early. They were in bed last night at 7:30. Ek and H have played great today- they played little people for a long time, helped me shell peas and pulled one another around on a blanket for awhile. I am going to go get ready to take them to the pool and maybe dinner with the Hoskins- if not we have plenty of food here!! Oh another song we sang was about fighting for love as one-- I'm taking care here so you can love there! Lord, make it all count for your glory!! Love you. Love you. Love you. Be careful.
Oh and I did talk to your mom. She was so glad to know you were safe in Miami. They are coming tomorrow so I can go to Ek's class swim party. I think your dad wants to do some work in the garden as well.
Ok, now. Love you. Love you. Love you. Be careful.
K

No comments: