Friday, May 21, 2010

Turtle Crawl



J and I did our first tri of the year. J had his eye on this one for several years and although it was a magnet weekend for activities, we decided to go for it anyway. I am so glad we did. We had a really great time. The nice thing about a tri at the beach is that we got to recover under palm trees with a sea breeze. I recommend. I realize that people read this and I would love if they would skip this one. I am not trying to brag, I want to remember what we did. The swim was awful, the ocean and current was not kind. I think I swam about a mile in a 600 yard race. bum-mer. It took me forever--should have taken less that 15 minutes, took 30. wow that was bad. BUT I felt like I got into a great rhythm in the water, so that is what I am taking away. The bike ride was so beautiful. I love most bike rides I'm on. I love to watch the scenery go by. We went past beatiful trees, marsh and of course, ocean. The run was on top of the dunes overlooking the ocean- can't beat that! I made myself enjoy where I was. I am so grateful for my health, my husband and my friends to spend time with. I consider that I put my time into the pool at 5am to get the opportunity to swim in the ocean. Our times- me swim 30, bike (15 miles) 48 min (18.1mph), and run 26:19. Over all women 28/124 age group 5/21. John's times- swim 27:27, bike 43:14, run 23:44. age group 5/25 overall men 35/132. I am what I am because of grace of God. I Co 15:10

No comments: