Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Coach

I confess-- It was the moment I had been waiting for... When soccer sign up was happening, I casually mentioned to H's friend W's daddy that I played a bit of soccer and would love to help coach if he needed me. I had been on the field for most of the practices thus far, but with 3 Daddies, including J on the field, I mostly played the role of encourager. But tonight-- all of those 3 daddies had meetings! It was my chance!! So, although sad the dads couldn't be there, I was quite excited to have a chance to coach the boys. Darla took over as assistant coach and Susanne watched the siblings and we were off. We began with jumping jack, practiced our trapping and kicking, dribbling and shooting, throw-ins and taking it to the goal. We ran sprints and even managed to win 5-0 in a scrimmage. It was a blast. I mean, so much fun. I hope the boys had as much fun as I did. When I was tucking H in, I was quizzing him to see if I did ok. He smiled a sweet grin and seemed pleased. I told him I was there because I loved him so much. It was a blast.

No comments: