Monday, February 8, 2010

Insight

Last week at Bible study, our teacher referenced the prayer in Ephesians that spoke of gaining wisdom and insight into God our Father that we could love him more. She was also talking though that we need to get insight into the people that are in our lives that we can love them better. This weekend I felt like I got a bit of insight into my Ek's world. We went to a dance convention in G'ville and had a ball. I didn't really realize that I would be able to sit and watch her classes but I was. I was able to learn so much about my little dancer while watching her classes. I saw how she handled herself while learning new things, while working on things she knew, while tired, while happy. I asked her what her favorite part of the weekend was and she said it was the dancing. I also feel like I know now so much better how to encourage her in her dancing. Dance classes around here tend to be closed and it drives me a bit crazy. I like to know what my kids are up too. It is for this very reason that I love to do homework with them. I love to know what they are learning! So I am thankful for that encouragement in the Word to know those who I love. And I am thankful for a full weekend with my girl. And I'm thankful for a full weekend for mom and dad to love H and L. And I'm thankful J didn't have too much work to do this weekend so he could rest and study and pray and exercise and visit his parents.



No comments: