Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Toddler Ek

I was watching L play today, she was "mom" (since Ek was not home, she could be, Ek usually chooses to be "mom"... I guess that is a complement to me- no wait-- I guess I should watch how she acts as mom before I decided). Anywho-- I was thinking about what Ek liked to play at this age. H was just a darling little thing of 6 months old- not exactly a prime age to be a playmate. And since we were in FL and couldn't not find any friends, sigh, she had me and well me. J was at work. We did go to Bible study once a week and she had some playmates there and we loved loved loved our gymnastics class. But 4 other playmates she had were ones only she could see. They were the imaginary Mark, Luke and the dogs Susie and Lilly. Mark and Luke were brothers from Bible study that always seemed to sneak in our car and travel home with us to live behind the chair in the living room and come out to play occasionally. And Susie and Lilly were Aunt Meri's dogs who loved to come out and play as well. I loved her little imagination and loved that she had her 4 little imaginary friends to play with as we hung around our cozy apartment while H slept and we wanted to go find a fun Fl park to visit. They all must have stayed in Fl though, we didn't hear much about them when we got to GA. I guess the movers didn't see them to move them. Oh how I enjoyed my time with my sweet little girl that year.

No comments: