Friday, February 12, 2010

Ek's first soccer game

Ek played her first soccer game yesterday at school. It is coed teams and on her team their are first and second graders. So I thought there would be an intimidation factor from the start from her, yet she does play tag on the playground about everyday with the boys. So I told her to get out there and get that ball and get in the goal. She grinned a sweet confident grin and was off. She really seemed so excited and it did not diminish at all. She appeared to have so much fun. She stayed very engaged in the game, ran very hard and kicked the ball a lot. There was not much structure to the game but they all played so hard. Ek's team scored 2 goals when they were opposite of me, Ek said one was hers but I didn't see it well. They other team scored 4 and she was a bit disappointed but not really. I think she just enjoyed being out there playing and she can't wait for the next game. Me either.




No comments: