Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New stage

Good afternoon new stage of life. I wasn't quite expecting you so soon, but since you are here, come on in. This is my sweetie, L.


Let's get a few things straight. She may have welcomed you today by telling me she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed and not staying in it too well, but you need to know there are a few ground rules before we get too far. #1. I am not going to get as frustrated as I did with the others when they got up time and time again when they were supposed to be going sweetly off to sleep. #2 I will not be too terribly sad that you are here because I am so grateful that my sweet girl is growing up so wonderfully. I'm not quite sure that I will take down the crib anytime soon because, like I said I wasn't quite expecting you yet, but I think that is quite ok. And #3. I will take this opportunity to speak truth to my girl that I love her, and take care of her by helping her know when it is time to rest. I will take advantage of this time to speak truth into her life about my love and our Father's love. So although I wasn't quite ready to welcome you, new stage of life, now that you are here, by God's grace, I'm ready.

Oh, wait, I think L has a question...


How exactly do you stay in this big bed without falling off? Oh sweet girl, I'll help you. The bedrail will be up shortly.

No comments: