Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thankful

Today was one of those true mommy days. Last night as I was drifting off to sleep my phone rang, my home phone, which does not happen very often. I heard it loud and clear because it was inches from my head. J walked into the bedroom to answer it because it was obvious I was not because it rang several times and as I mentioned it was inches from my head. Out portable is lost, I have a feeling it is flung into a ditch somewhere where it was flung because I left it on the bumper, but I'm just guessing, we have been without it for several weeks now, but like I said, it doesn't ring much. I do miss caller id though. Where was I? Oh yeah, the phone rang, late. It was C, baby J was wheezing and she wanted to know if I could take M, W and K to Bible study while she took J to the doctor. Sure, I'll call you in the morning. I was so asleep I didn't even ask much about J, some friend. So I took M and W to Bible study. J is ok, just needs breathing treatments and is probably in for a lot of them over the next 3 years. sorry C. After arriving at the church, I decide that L probably needs to visit the doctor too. Her everyday runny nose has gotten thicker and yellow (too graphic, sorry). So after school we will be on our way. Sweet C offers for my kids to play while I take L. The moral of the story is it is awfully sad for 2 dear friends to exchange help to only have to take the sick child to the doctor and how amazingly sweet that 2 dear friends can help each other to only have to take the sick child to the doctor. The non-sick kids were so happy to have a play day, us parents are also very happy that they had a happy friend day and that less people were at the doctors office to pick up more germs, and the babies are hoping to feel better tomorrow. I am so thankful for my friends.

No comments: