Monday, November 9, 2009

Nutcracker update

Ek is still thrilled with the Nutcracker. She can't wait to get there and usually asks to stay and watch some more. Yesterday I accidentally took her to rehearsal 30 minutes early. Before I realized it, I took her to the stage door and went to give her a hug and kiss, when suddenly she heard music and squealed, "party scene!" and reached for the door. She was so excited to get inside and hear watch the scene. When I realized I took her so early, I tiptoed in there and she was sitting on the second row with her eyes glued to the stage. She didn't really even turn her head to me while I asked her if she was ok to wait 30 minutes until her turn. She didn't mind at all. She has been trying also to convince me and J that we could be in the party scene. Love that. And H is still trying to work his way in as well. Another thing I have enjoyed hearing about is that they use drum sticks as their stand-in prop for their swords in the battle scene and as their flower in the sweet scene. I'm sure they won't confuse them on the show nights. I have had fun doing more alterations this year, so far I have hemmed sleeves on several things, including Fritz's jacket, taken out several seems and hemmed several lengths. I hope that doesn't make me watch it with too critical of an eye at the costumes, at my alterations that is.

No comments: