Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sweet words


Some encouraging words from my kids- youngest to oldest...

Sweet L's nose was crazy runny today. She sneezed and sneezed all day. One time I told her 'bless you,' and she said with her huge teethy grin 'bless you too mommy.' Then she said 'bless me again mommy,' so I did and she said 'bless you too mommy!' Oh she makes me happy!

H has not given us much wonder as to his love language here lately. Last night the last thing he said and I think he may have been asleep was 'Mommy, will you play baseball and football and basketball and soccer with me tomorrow after school?' I'll be there H!

Last year for mother's day, Ek brought home a Cd from school that had Stephen Curtis Chapman's song that he wrote for his wife to encourage her of her worth as a mother. Ek loves that song. She requests it alot. Tonight as we were singing it, I was thinking how wonderful it is that she loves to encourage me with this song when she piped up to say it always reminds her of her teacher last year. Wait. a. minute. I asked her if it reminded me of her too. Her response was 'nope, just my teacher, I see you everyday, I don't need to be reminded of you!' okeydookey. I am so thankful that she loved her teacher and is grateful for the time she taught her. It is a good indication that she is safe and loved at her school. And I am grateful to hear the song, it encourages me. But tonight as I was getting her ready for bed, she said she hoped she was just like me one day, a mommy. I told her I hoped she had a little girl as sweet as I do. And as we tucked her in, she said we, j and i, were the best mommy and daddy ever. I'll receive that encouragement.

1 comment:

Christy said...

All such precious moments! Isn't that SCC so great? I love hearing it too.