Sunday, November 29, 2009

T dinner



We had a delightful thanksgiving day dinner at the farm with J's family. The food was outstanding and the company was delightful as always. H was a bit beyond disaster tired. He almost fell asleep at the dinner table in my lap with his head down on the table with fried chicken in his hand. I helped him put the chicken down and turned him around and held him like a sweet baby and he slept. He woke up when I switched to get my flu shot. That's right a flu shot at the dinner table right next to the desserts. Strange, yes; convenient, super yes. Ek has a great group of girl cousins to play with and tended toward Grace who is several years older but adorable and sweet. We went down to Doug's to see their new puppies, show cows, show hogs, chickens and cat. H and L would not get down, H mistaked the puppy for a lion, but Ek played and played and even let the dogs chase her without crying, I think she may have even been smiling. There is great hope. When we were headed back up their driveway, Ek and Grace were ahead of us just talking and talking, I enjoyed watching them. It is always nice to see our family there. I look forward to Christmas Eve.

No comments: