Friday, June 12, 2009

Romans 11:36

I must say that this morning I am beginning to feel relieved. Yep, beginning to. Introducing our church to a whole new ministry was a big undertaking. No one had even heard of Backyard Bible Clubs, much less have any idea of how it was supposed to look. So they kept looking at me. I really tried to give everyone the opportunity to use their talents from the Lord for the Lord. We had a set, costumes, music, games, and on and on that I had not envisioned but were awesome because they were done by his people with his talents for his purpose. Last night at the cookout everything was kind of in a big circle: the boat with the grill behind it and the musician playing music in front, chairs to sit, the tables with food, more chairs, the bouncy obstacle course, more chairs, the jumpy house, face painting, the blow up slide and back to the boat. There were kids playing soccer and football in the middle. There were all kinds of people talking and smiling, eating and playing. It was just good. A wonderful memory that I will remember in my heart. I pray the Lord opened up door for lives to be changed through him. We had several families say they were coming on Sunday. I can't wait to see them. So we probably had the opportunity to meet over 100 people, share our lives and time with them, teach them about Jesus, play, eat, smile, pray. I am so glad now to know the story of our first Backyard Bible Club, now I'll get to see what happens next.
PS I could not be happier with how my kids took on this week. They were so glad to be a part of it. They had a ball. They were such troopers while we set up every night. I was so glad to see them entertain themselves just outside looking for things to do and helping get set up. They played amongst all kinds of children and Ek even seemed to make a few new friends. She usually was the first the "pool" for the skit and lessons to sit front and center. They seemed to really enjoy it and I enjoyed watching them.  





No comments: