Saturday, June 27, 2009

Done

Done! Well today we did it! My first tri. John, Mike and I left before dawn to go over to Indian Springs State Park with Dad along as our cheerleader. We were really excited. I was so determined not to panic in the water, but, i did. I did not swim well,not near as much free style as I wanted, but I got it done. The bike was so much fun! The course was hilly but really nice, I passed a lot of people  and was hoping to pass some that I got behind on the swim. The run was hot! And they ran out of water, so I walked so for fear of getting way too hot. So I finished the swim in about 15 minutes, started the bike at about 20, started the run at about 1:15 and finished at about 1:45. Very close to my goal and I'm just so thankful to have been able to do it and finish it!





2 comments:

Megan Shirley said...

Yay! Congratulations! What an accomplishment. I definitely want to train for one eventually!

Shannon said...

Way to go, Katharine! You're amazing! I love reading your blog and keeping up with your family. Tell John hello!