Monday, January 3, 2011

Not quite ready yet


This is a very odd picture of my adorable girl, but it suits the story. Last week, J and I were sitting on the couch about 10 minutes after putting the kids to bed. H and Ek were exhaused for some reason, can't remember why. They about fell asleep before their sweet heads hit the pillow. I could hear L stirring around a minute and before we knew it, she was standing beside us. She was disappointed, had her lip poked out a bit. She kinda mumbled, "I want you to play with me," to J. He looked at me puzzled. I said, "what you don't understand is Ek and H are already asleep and she doesn't have anyone to play with," to J. J fell out laughing. So did L. She knows she's funny. We let her stay up a few minutes and cuddle with us on the couch before sending her up to join the others for some sleep. The difference is when Ek was her age, she always came downstairs when we put her down at this age, we took her up to bed so many times. I can't remember exactly what H did, but I remember he went through the getting up stage. We just don't see much of L, we just hear her keeping the others up. Every child is born into a new family. We're glad L was born into ours.

No comments: