Friday, January 7, 2011

A few more Nutcracker...

These blogs are just coming from looking through the pics, hence the randomness order of them, but hey that's appropriate for my life.

One of Mom's favorite memories of Ek from last year's Nutcracker was seeing her in the dressing room (while the rain was coming down and Dad was probably mopping), and there was absolute chaos (somewhat controlled) around her, people everywhere playing, dancing, coloring, eating and Ek was sitting in her chair with her Caboodle on her lap putting on countless layers of lip gloss. Here she is a year later, still at it. And yet, amazingly, keeps all her sparkles, glitter and gloss contained to dance performances. for now anyway.

I love being backstage just to hug on her. And smile at her. But my absolute favorite is seeing their faces from the side stage during the performances glowing in the bright lights. It is a most stunning sight. They go from excited, anxious, tired or unaware until they get on stage and they are looking at the crowd and smiling and confident and they literally glow.
Its awesome.

Ek was so so blessed this year to have the absolute gift of being cheered on my 2 of my favorite aunts. Seeing them and having them in my home was so wonderful. I guess I should thank Ek for getting them to Dublin!! So so glad they could come.

No comments: