Monday, January 10, 2011

All for EK's new and improved airway

The Monday after Christmas, I was looking forward to a week of fun, then we saw the ENT. He said he could take out Ek's tonsils and adenoids any Tuesday or Thursday we wanted. How bout this Thursday? sure. So all of the sudden we were straight from Christmas to pre-op. Ek was a-maz-zing. She was so peaceful and trusting. The absolute worst moment was having her preop blood drawn. I didn't prepare her well, or at all, because I wasn't sure what they would do. She was sitting there so brave and mouthed to me 'what are they doing?' not a happy moment. The day of surgery, she never once complained, whined or was scared.
I realize that she came a trusting, peaceful little person, I wish I could bottle that. The second worst moment was when she woke up, crying in pain. Thankfully after the pain medicine and a nap (breathing through her nose- wow), she was good from then on. She slept on a off and they woke up hungry. When we were discharged and on our way to the ice cream shop. I turned around to tell her what her choices were and turned her dry erase board to reveal a picture of the word "purple" and a huge dinosaur. That was a good one. We got her home and all snuggled into my bed with Julie and her nice little tray. I couldn't feed her enough and then she slept wonderfully, with me. She tried to move into my bed permanently but I through 2 nights were enough. I am so thankful that it was a non-event in our lives. She was peaceful, easy and cooperative. She is breathing better, sleeping better, he voice is a bit higher and she lost that loose tooth that anesthesia gave an extra bump to.

No comments: