Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our indoor tree that got us outside

I admit, I was not very emotionally attached to our Christmas tree this year. It may because I didn't do much to it. I wanted one so bad that L and I went to a local nursery, picked it out and had it delivered. that was fun. And really the only ornaments on it were what the kids put. We had about a 2:1 ratio of ornaments that made it to the tree and ornaments that tried and missed and hit the floor. Maybe that's why I did put any more ornaments on. When the kids got home from school on the last day before Christmas, they had made so many at school that they filled it up pretty well. That made it quite beautiful to me. I loved their joy over it. We also got this button that they could turn the lights on and off themselves. L was a big fan of that.




After Christmas, on J's last day off, and after J and H went to buy new boots, they took the tree through the woods and threw it in the creek. The creek is a bit sad right now, pretty low but to H it is awesome. Mom trimmed the briars back so we could get there easily and we do. H calls hanging out around the creek "hunting." J said we can call it that until JP kills his deer, then we may have to actually get him out a bit further. Yesterday they wanted to fish in the creek, but before I take 2 children with fishing poles and hooks, they are going to have to prove it. So we practiced casting yesterday in the yard. They wanted to go to the pond but the sun was almost set, so that is the plan for today except that its raining. We'll see. Next time we head to the creek, the camera will go too.

No comments: