Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Raising Vikings?

I just took my kids on a spring break trip to the movies. My big kids that is, I am sooooo oo oooo glad I did not take L to see a movie about vikings and dragons, that would have been a bad choice. At times, Ek and H wished, I'm sure, that they were not there also! Even I had to remind myself, this is a kids movie, in kids movie the hero seldom dies. And he didn't! Horray! So, I am not writing to give a strange recap, but to say-- how grateful I am when God can give a great reminder of what to be speaking to my kids. The main character really struggled to know his place in life, especially because of his relationship with his father. I want my children to know, so much and so deep, that God has a wonderful plan for their lives, not easy, but peaceful, and that they were made with that purpose known. I want for them so much to seek God's plan and know God's plan is mine too. I don't have big specific hopes and dreams for their lives. I just want them to live out their purpose and their good works that were prepared beforehand that they should walk in them (Ephesians). I want to train and teach and cheer, pick up and nurse to healing, send out in strength, receive in fatigue, love always and accept. Help me Lord. please.

No comments: