Thursday, March 18, 2010

Growing

Three years ago, when Ek was at school where L is now in preschool, a man came to make silhouttes of the children. L was in my belly, so I was hesitant to do Ek and H because I knew my collection would be incompete. Mom wouldn't hear of it. I'm glad I listened to her. Ek was 3, H was 1. Ek's hair was barely growing and she mostly wore it in a little water sprout. It was so straight and she was teh sweetest little thing. H barely had hair. He sat in my lap and I was so pleased at his adorable profile. They really looked just like their silhouttes. I loved them and they have sat on my shelf ever since. Here they are.

I was so excited when L started preschool there and hoped the artist would come back. I have even been tempted to mail him so side profiles of my kids and ask him to mail them to me. Well, he came yesterday. I took some pictures of the kids,
and took L to sit live for her silhoutte. Maybe I should say "sit." She was as wiggly as she has ever been, but so happy and so cute. They seemed to think she was quite adorable, I know I do. My feeling of the new silhouettes is very mixed. I love them, I really do, but I cannot believe how much they have changed in 3 years. My, my, my, they have grown. So happy over them- yes, but sad that they are changing so quickly, and so so grateful to have this little snap shot of their adorable features at these precious ages.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I just love those silhouettes, Katharine, and am so glad your collection is complete...but...oh, my. I know they've grown. It's logical, right? But WOW!

Christy said...

Oh those are gorgeous! I wish I could find someone to do that. You should try to get it done every few years as a tradition. What precious memories to keep!

Megan said...

Ooooh, I love my silhouettes! I had ours done before we left even though Gus was a wee little thing. You should have had him do one of your preggo belly! Now that would be fun to look back on now!