Monday, March 22, 2010

2010 Leprechan RR

Wow what a weekend! It may take me weeks to recount all the fun we had. Where to begin? Where to begin? hmmmmmm. I think one of the biggest highlights was during Friday night dinner we saw an ole familiar car pull up and raced to the street to give hugs to our Pops and Mopsey. and the big times began. Mom commented on how H makes such a fast bee-line to Pops these days. Gotta love Pops!

Saturday morning was the race. I do love the race. It makes me so happy to see all those people, over 1000 this year, out running, walking, smiling, cheering and having a great time. I love it! Last year the big kids ran and L hung in the stroller. J was recovering and I ran the 10K. I had the most amazing cheering crowd that followed me all around the course. The kids ran the mile, without stopping, in about 11 minutes, I ran in a bit under an hour. On to this year-- the kids ran without stopping or asking to stop!! in a bit over 9 minutes and J finished a fast 46 minutes. His first 10K race, by the way. My knee kept me to the mile only, but it didn't hurt!! horray! I can get back at it now. Amazingly Ek's friend Leah finished with us just like she did last year. H's buddy JP finished about a minute quicker. I was amazed watching the racers come in, there were so many fast kids! and I can't wait to help mine run fast too! What a blast. I forgot my camera, but thanks to email and FB, I have these shots.

I love this picture! J is running so strong!

My fast runners after the finish line!
Ek and her 2nd cousins, who ran awesome! watching racers come in.

No comments: